What’s on This Month?
Whats Happening in November?
Wheel Throwing, Hand-building, Kids, and Christmas trees!
- My Daughter has her 3rd birthday on the 14th! (Happy Birthday Emily)
- The Saturday Morning class is now fully booked.
- A second Saturday class will be running once there are enough enrollments.
- The Wednesday evening class is still chugging along happily.
- I am running 3 Christmas workshops. These run over 2 weeks where we will build our own ceramic Christmas trees.
What Happened in October?
October saw craft fairs, clay deliveries, and another group of kids in the studio for the School Holidays!
- I held a stall at the Medowie Art’s and Crafts fair. I had a great time and met many other local craft people.
- The school holiday workshops were on again. They were so popular and booked up so fast that I put on additional sessions so no-one had to miss out.
- Our Saturday morning class is now fully booked!
- Our Sunday afternoon kids class has also been very popular, I have now started a second kids class on Sunday mornings.
- The 8-week wheel throwing course finished up last month, and the Wednesday evening time-slot is now running as weekly classes.
- We have loads of clay in the studio now, with another 15 bags of white clay, some black clay, terracotta, and speckled clay, and a few bags of porcelain too!
What Happened in September?
September, Spring is here!
- My baby girl turned 1 on the 7th! (happy Birthday Willow)
- Our Creative Kids application has been approved!
- The Children’s pottery course is well underway, and now fully booked. Next term, I will run 2 kids courses so no one has to miss out.
- The adults 8-week wheel throwing course is finishing, with the last class on the 18th of September.
- We have a fresh order of clay, including mid-fire porcelain, and some lovely red terracotta, and BLACK clay! I can’t wait to see what cool things we can make with all these different clays!
- I am gearing up for the craft fair next month, creating beads, pendants, mugs, cups, garlic plates and garlic holders, jewelry holders, and all manner of interesting and functional things.
What Happened in August?
August is looking like another busy month here are the studio, with 2 courses running, as well as our regular workshops!
- Our 8-week learn wheel throwing course is well under way, with our 4 students turning out their first pots and getting more comfortable ‘behind the wheel’.
- Our children’s pottery course starts on the 4th and will run until Christmas.
- We are still running our regular weekend, weekday, and afternoon workshops, so let me know if you are interested in booking in!
- I have ordered some new pre-mixed glazes to try out,
- I have a whole lot of glaze ingredients ready to mix some of my own glazes.
- All these lovely colors will need testing, so there will be a few test glaze runs this month too!
What’s Happened in July?
July is all about creation! Weekend workshops, school holiday workshops, and the beginning of our first wheel throwing course!
- There has again been a lot of interest in our weekend workshops, and they are almost booked out already!
- We are running our first ever school holiday workshops on the 9th (hand building) and the 16th (wheel throwing).
- We have a good stock of clay and tools, ready for our new students!
- Our 6 pottery wheels will be getting a work out with our first ever 8 week course due to start on the 24th
- I have started accepting commissions again, so keep your eye on the gallery page for photos!
What Happened in June?
In June, our pottery workshops were in full swing! We are still advertising of course, but we are taking bookings and running classes now too!
- There has been a lot of interest in pottery classes, and all of our weekend time-slots for June were booked out!
- We welcomed our first wheel throwing students to the studio on the 1st of June
- We ran our first kids hand building workshop on the 2nd of June
- We welcomed 2 new pottery wheels, and 2 pre-loved wheels.
- We started the application process for the government’s creative kids incentive.
What Happened in May?
Advertising, advertising, and more advertising.
This month is all about putting the word out there and letting the community know we exist!
- We are OFFICIALLY OPEN!!!!!
- We designed and printed flyers and distributed them throughout the community (advertising).
- We welcomed our first pottery students and ran our first hand building workshop on Saturday the 11th of May!
- Our street signs went up around Medowie (more advertising)
- Classes were advertised on several facebook community pages
What Happened in April?
April is an exciting time here at the studio! All the final details are coming together preparing for our official opening next month!
- We now have parking signs, advertising signs, and are waiting on the arrival of our new improved business cards, flyers, and other bits and pieces.
- The studio has acquired a second wheel, with a 15 inch wheel head (so we can make really big stuff)
- Some of the lovely mid fire glazes have been tested and are producing stunning results! Check out the soap dish and the bowl to the left!!! and there’s more to see in the gallery!
- Some of the glazes are not performing as well as hoped, but I’m sure we’ll fix that soon enough.
What Happened in March?
March was super productive here at White Horse Pottery Studios
- We finished setting up the studio. It was a huge day of shifting equipment, cutting holes in the roof for the vents, cleaning floors, laying vinyl, and generally lots of hard work.
- We had a market stall for international women’s day at the Hunter Region Botanical Gardens.
- We welcomed our first two customers using our studio space
- Finished 3 mug commissions, check out the gallery if you want a sticky beak!
- And made a dozen soap dishes for Honkers Blonde Bath Products in Tasmania.